Thursday, December 11, 2003

CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND ME

I’ll be honest, I don’t know much of the campaign finance law that was upheld by the Supreme Court yesterday. I haven’t given it much thought over the past year other to put it in the “Bush – Bad Stuff” column because I knew the Court would strike down some parts of it and uphold others. From what I’ve been hearing, it sounds like most of it has been upheld, including the “3rd party advertising is a no-no” part of it. So, I have a few questions I need answered:

- Exactly who can endorse or slam a candidate?

- When is this allowed?

- What about blogs? My blog is open to the public and I routinely slam politicians who I think are bad for the country (“Howard Dean, check your email!”) Will I fall under the law?

- What about organizations like MoveOn? And those 529’s like George Soros is starting, where do they fall under this?

- And what the Hell happened to my First Amendment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home