Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I'M SO CLEVER...

Clarence Page in today’s Chicago Tribune has an Op-Ed piece on gay marriage. What got me was his smarmy little introduction:

“I used to have a neighbor who put a refreshingly blunt bumper sticker on her car: "Don't like abortion? Don't have one."

When I heard President Bush's response to the recent Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts decision that said same-sex couples were entitled to "the protections, benefits and obligations of civil marriage," I thought of how that bumper sticker could be updated into a modest proposal for the president: "Don't like gay marriage? Don't have one."


Aww, isn’t that clever? Well, if like using that abortion thing so much, what do you think of this one?

“If you don’t like blacks, don’t hire one”

Oh wait, that’s not right, you say? We should have laws against things that aren’t right?

Exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home