Friday, July 25, 2003

THE "STAIN" OF BILL CLINTON...AND I MEAN MORE THAN JUST THE BLUE DRESS

Remember how everything Bill Clinton did was just personal? Remember how it was just between a man and a woman and had no bearing on the country at all? Well, I had a crystal clear example how that man has affected this country and the way people look at the Presidency.

I always thought he was an utter pig, without morals or any core beliefs, but would never really hurt the institution of the Presidency; I always assumed the ghosts of Lincoln, Washington and Adams would exorcise the demons left by BJ Clinton. Now, I wonder if my faith wasn’t misplaced.

Today, a woman I utterly respect, a fence sitting liberal, but more Republican than she would like to admit, said something that saddened me. Concerning the bodies of the Hussein brothers, she said her mom (a psycho liberal if there ever was one) said those bodies might not even be real; she knows a wax artist that could make those in a heartbeat. Discounting this because it came from her mom, she said she found herself wondering if we hadn’t killed them a long time ago and were only exposing them now just because of the problems President Bush is having with the “sixteen words” and all that. She thought it might be some kind of “cover” being used by President Bush.

I was shocked by this. I could tell my friend thought of this scenario because it was something BJ would have done. Remember how the United States launched cruise missile attacks the day of the impeachment vote? Of course my friend, raised during the Clinton decade would think of the President doing something at the least immoral and underhanded just for “cover”.

So, proving me wrong, it seems BJ Clinton has managed to damage the Office of the President (and I don’t mean just taking the W’s from the keyboard). Thanks for everything, pig-boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home