Friday, April 23, 2004

TO THOSE UNABLE TO BE HERE...

I haven’t written much this week and I apologize. To make matters worse, this isn’t going to be much of a post. What I mean is that this isn’t going to have much from ME, but it is still going to be an incredible post.

I have been blogging for about nine months now, and often I think I’m just the cat’s meow. At that point, I usually run across something that humbles me and puts me in my place.

That happened today.

Scrappleface is one of the classic blogs. And today, it had this:

38 Million Not Expected at DC Abortion Rights Rally

(2004-04-21) -- Although several hundred thousand abortion rights supporters are expected to march in Washington D.C. this coming Sunday, a spokesman for a major special interest group said its members would not attend the rally.

The American Association of Aborted People (AAAP), a political inaction committee, said none of its 38 million members would participate in the protest march.

"Since the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision in 1973, our ranks have swelled by about 1.4 million per year," said the unnamed AAAP spokesman. "So, we should be at the center of any debate about abortion. Unfortunately, none of our members could tear themselves away to attend the rally. But we'll be there in spirit, if not in body."


It’s the subtle stuff like the “unnamed” aborted spokesman that shows the utter genius of people like Scott Ott.

I stand in awe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home