Saturday, October 11, 2003

ANIMAL

You all know how much I don’t watch baseball. So, tonight, in game three of whatever’s going on, when the fights broke out, I wasn’t watching. But I did hear what happened and I watched all of the local television news to see how it was covered. The specific coverage I wanted to see was Pedro Martinez and his altercation with Don Zimmer. And the coverage was terrible. Almost everyone said that Zimmer was taking a swing at Pedro and Pedro defended himself. Is that true? Sure is. Was it right? No.

Pedro is 31 years old and in top physical condition. Don Zimmer is 72 years old and is no way in comparable condition to Martinez. Pedro was criminally out of line by throwing Zimmer to the ground by his head. Zimmer may have started it, but Pedro was way out of line. The comparable situation is when the 5’3 wife storms up to her 6’2” husband in a fight and he throws her to the ground by her hair. In no way would the husband be in the right, even though she was coming at him and tonight, Pedro was completely in the wrong.

I sure hope while Pedro is shopping someday, some kid in a wheelchair doesn’t turn into him, Pedro will kill him. And if that happens, I’m sure the media and the fans of Boston will say the kid had it coming.

Update: (12:10 AM) I despise Pedro even more. Look at this quote from SI.com:

"I could never hit him. I would never do it," Martinez said. "I was just trying to dodge him and push him away, and too bad his body fell. I hope he's fine."

"TOO BAD HIS BODY FELL"? You son of a motherless goat, do you think your grabbing of his head and throwing him to the ground may have had ANYTHING to do with his fall? Anything? You idiot, I hope that kid in the wheelchair runs you over first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home