Thursday, September 11, 2003

TWO YEARS LATER...

Two years ago, I was sitting in the dentist chair, listening to the radio reports of the World Trade Center towers coming down. I have to tell you, I was stunned. It made so little sense to me, I couldn’t be all emotional about it. My mind couldn’t grasp the idea that these two landmarks of America had disappeared, with thousands of people being killed. Getting back to work, I hear that the Pentagon had been attacked and planes were “missing”.

We’ll, two years later, we’ve made progress. Thanks to strong leadership, we have not only launched retaliatory attacks, we have started an entire operation to crush terrorism, wherever it is found. I am all for that, and so are most of the people of this country.

Unfortunately, the people of this country have lost their sense of reality. They are wondering what’s taking so long – how come we’re not done yet? The liberal media are the worst offenders of the lot, seeing and hoping for defeat around every corner, blowing small events out of proportion, checking their day-timers for the “win” date.

This is not going to be a quick process.

This is not going to be error free.

This is not going to be cheap.

This is not going to be without American blood.

This is not going to be without future terror attacks on American soil.

World War II took us almost four years to win with an enemy willing to fight us old-school style. Rooting out rats is not quick and easy; it takes fortitude. Fortitude is something America used to be overflowing with. America was built on raw courage, self-reliance and no thoughts of surrender.

I’m not sure we have that anymore. I’m very sure it doesn’t reside in the liberals of this country; I hope the rest of us have enough to make up for the vacuousness of the weak-willed.

To quote President Bush, “May God bless the United States of America.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home