Monday, September 15, 2003

MOOMOO-WHAT?

It may come as a surprise to most of you, but politics isn’t all I think or care about. To any of you who actually know me, my family comes first. She Who Must Be Obeyed, The Little Princess and Boy Wonder are number one in my life. Aside from them, I have varied and somewhat odd likes. I like professional wrestling (Y2J rules!), Lionel trains, Manowar, Motorhead and reading. I love reading and not just books by Ann Coulter (hubba-hubba). Some of my favorite books might just shock you.

I love the Moomins.

The Moomintroll series was written by Finnish author Tove Jansson. The Moomintrolls are small, peace-loving woodland creatures who live in the forests of Finland. Love of these books is similar to the love of Norman Rockwell paintings. I could spend two years explaining why the Moomin books are so great, but that might not be quite long enough.

So, if you ever get a chance to lay your hands on Comet in Moominland or Finn Family Moomintroll, DO IT. Don’t ask questions, don’t go home to think about it, don’t let kids or old ladies get in your way, get them. Sure, they’re kids books, but so is Huckleberry Finn, do you think that’s too young for you?

Didn’t think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home