Wednesday, September 24, 2003

CIVIL DISCOURSE

Vice President Cheney was in Manchester last night at a fundraiser ($200,000) and the anti-war protestors where out in mild force. After work (Hmmm….do these protesters have jobs), I went to see my friend Diane, who came up from Mass. to film the protest. As I was walking up and down the line looking for Diane, they started to chant, “Recall Bush!! Recall Bush!!”. Well, what was I supposed to do? I started chanting, “Four More Years!! Four More Years!!”

It went over like a lead balloon.

Most people either didn’t hear me or ignored me, but I did get the attention of a few of them. I know this because someone said to me, “I don’t think so!” and another voiced his opinion with, “F**k off!”

That’s civil discourse on the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home