Thursday, October 14, 2004

"I THINK I LOVE YOU, SO WHAT AM I SO AFRAID OF.."

I have to admit, I didn’t watch the debate last night. I have this superstitious belief that if I watch the president, he does poorly. True to form, I watched the first debate and he stunk. I watched half of the second debate and he did better. I skipped the whole thing last night and he knocked it out of the park. Interestingly, this doesn’t hold true the Vice-Presidential debates, I watched that whole thing and Cheney ruled.

Anyway, my point is that both of the John’s wrote furiously on their notepads as soon as Bush or Cheney would begin to talk, yet they never seem to look back on what they wrote. My theory is someone told them they would look smart if the wrote a lot during the debate, like they were preparing retorts and noting inconsistencies. I think, if anyone ever saw those pads, it was either just scribbles or maybe lyrics to Partridge Family songs, but nothing to do with what was actually being said.

Like I said, it’s just a theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home