Sunday, August 03, 2003

CLARIFICATION

I’ve received some responses to my latest blog, “MAD MAX VS THE JEWS!” The mailers were pretty upset with me and my perceived insensitivity to what the Jews went through with the 1900 years or so with the claim of collective guilt on their heads for the death of Christ. At first, I thought this was wacky.

Until I re-read my blog.

Looking at it from that point of view I could see how easily it could be read that way. I could see how much I deserved the outrage. So, let me clarify.

In no way do I think the Jews are collectively responsible for the death of Christ. I also do not minimize the agony the Jews went through the past two thousand years because of that claim. Nor do I discount the fact that these feeling might still exist. What I was trying to say in this blog was the Frank Rich was accusing Mel Gibson of fermenting this without any evidence. In fact, Rich was willing to lie to say that Gibson was trying to ferment dissent between Christians and Jews.

I don’t know if Gibson’s movie is anti-Jew or not, my point is neither does Frank Rich. And just because he wasn’t invited to the screening doesn’t mean it is. What it means is Frank Rich wasn’t invited and neither was the ADL, who had already decided the movie was anti-Jew. That’s all, my point was The New York Times has once again lied through omission and lied outright to put down something they know nothing about other than it might not be in agreement with the Gospel according to Pinch Sulzberger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home