Friday, August 25, 2006

MULLIGAN

Yesterday, the FDA ok’d the sale of “emergency contraception” over the counter to girls 18 and over. This , “Oops, do over!” is just a super dose of a normal prescription daily contraception, so I wonder if it’s really safe. I’m sure the idea is that it will be economically prohibitive to use on a daily basis or to O.D. on, but never underestimate the stupidity of college kids – so look for some tragic mistakes to happen in the near future.

And now let’s talk about the name. The name of this product is so morally repulsive, that when I first heard about it a year or so ago, I just about fell over. And the name is:

Plan B.

I can’t comment any further. You either know what I’m talking about or you have no soul.

So, how do I feel about the newest development? I don’t like it. And you can guess why, according to the FDA website, this is how Plan B works”

“Plan B works like other birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. Plan B acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It may prevent the union of sperm and egg (fertilization). If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation). If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work.”

Yeah, the money quote here is ”Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation)”.

Once again, we cavalierly kill another human being. I’m sorry to bring abortion into the postings three days in a row, but it just keeps coming up. It keeps coming up because of the shear number of abortions. There are roughly 3,200 abortions performed in America EVERY DAY. You want to talk carnage? This makes Genghis Kahn seem like a choir boy.

Let me digress quickly – USA Today prints the names of the American soldiers recently killed in Iraq. I’m not sure it’s done everyday, but at least weekly and it’s nice. I will assume this is done to recognize and give value to the lives of these fine Americans. And I applaud that.

I also give value to the lives of the children killed in abortions. So, that’s why it keeps coming up. The MSM made a huge deal when the death toll in Iraq reached 2,000 – yet in the abortion mills in this country, that’s called a “slow Tuesday”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home