Wednesday, September 05, 2007

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

Even blogging about food, you get into politics:

OK, I'll come out and say it, I'll say the remarkably unpopular thing - it's not President Bush's fault that Katrina took out New Orleans. The blessed chef Leah Chase has been living in public supported home for TWO YEARS? How about sucking it up and getting a house of your own? You know, I'm a fat buyer from New Hampshire, but I knew over five years ago that a strong hurricane hitting New Orleans would flood the place. What was Chef Chase's problem? Why did this surprise her and so many others? Was it walking the streets and seeing the river higher than the road? Come on, people! Show some shred of intelligence!

OK, lets assume she had the brain power of a sunflower and got flooded out - why is that my problem or Bush's fault? How about the Midwest getting dumped on with blizzards - why aren't they living in Houston, complaining? How about those that got flooded this year - where is the outcry from the left to rebuild them?

Look, it's not George Bush's fault anymore than it is you fault Katrina flooded New Orleans. New Orleans is a bad idea, that's why the oldest part of the city is still dry - building under water is STUPID!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I'm not the biggest fan of President Bush, I must agree with your assessment of the issue. I have family who were wiped out in the hurricane, and they MOVED, instead of sitting around whining and expecting people to give them things.

Oh yeah, and I tagged you for a meme (stop rolling your eyes, it was my first one ever and I'm really excited about it). Here's the link...

http://allthingsmimi.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-first-meme.html

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home